Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Dragons at My Door

Dragons at My Door


I dreamed last night of dragons
All standing in a row
They just appeared at my front door
And had no place to go

It brought to mind my childhood dreams
Of Puff and various others
So in they came and relaxed and sang
Of heroes and events and their mothers

They knew me just like I knew them
In those mighty years of yore
And they gave wings to all my dreams
Just like they had before

We talked of times of happiness
And a lonely dreamy day
When imaginations of a child
Would keep the world at bay

They remembered all the little songs
We sang from morn til night
Then we all joined in and pretty soon
We were laughing in pure delight

We dined on dainty sandwiches
Of peanut butter and jam
Then each one curled up to sleep
Just like a little lamb

It truly was so much great fun
It made my spirits soar
I’m so happy that they found me
And now we plan to visit more

© Jane  Aug 12, 2011

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable .... such a cute memory of childhood. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love cute dragons and always have.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. Hugs, Jane

      Delete