Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Year Ago Today


A year Ago Today


A year today she left us
Yet I see her every day
In passing words and fleeting smiles
And memories that always stay

A quick glance at a passing face
That looks so much like her
My heart stands still and so does time
I hear her voice so clear and sure

Some mornings we commiserate
Like we used to do daily on the phone
Agreeing to disagree on a few things
Sharing our love for each other alone

I feel her around me so often
Like she’s checking in on me
With her arms around my shoulder
Just like it used to be

She holds a special place in my heart
She left us way too soon
I know that our connection will never part
We’re like the melody in a tune

They say that as long as memories survive
That our loved ones have never gone
And so I know that Ash walks with me
She always keeps her presence strong

I miss you Ash
Grandma Jane - May 25, 2012

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Jane. You have such a wonderful gift in your writing. It's as if your soul is on the paper drafting each word. My your thoughts of this special friend always bring you a smile, even in the sadness of the loss. My prayers are with you. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I sure to miss my Granddaughter. Still can't believe it has been a year already. Hugs. Jane

      Delete
  2. Jane, thank you so much for all your kind words on my most recent freebies. The Photograph has been one of my biggest downloads and comments. I am so glad. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete